T&C Skip Hire
By using our services you accept our terms and conditions as below;
1. PROHIBITED ITEMS - asbestos, tyres, paints, oils are prohibited from skip bins and will attract extra charges.
For more info see HAZARDOUS MATERIALS per our website.
We are responsible for the safety and health of our employees, asbestos illegally or unknowingly placed in GuardAway bins is a very serious issue. Our skips are numbered and tracked, so we can identify the source of asbestos. We charge a minimum of $950 if we discover asbestos in our bins. As this causes lockdown of operations. If we suspect asbestos in bin we may request a credit card deduction to assist with initial safety precautions.
2. All bins up to 12 cubic metres have a weight capacity of 5 tonne limit for bins: advise in advance if including concrete, bricks or wet soil into bin as increases weight significantly. Note this limit can easily be reached with oversized concrete or soil type aggregate mixed in with standard builders waste. OVERWEIGHT > 5 tonnes, please advise in advance if including concrete or wet soil into bin as this can increase weight significantly, which can incur excess charge. Where bin is loaded with heavy soil /concrete please note 5 tonnes would be reached at the half way mark on a 6m bin.
As a guide to weights; 5 tonne is reached at 4 cubic meters for following waste type: bricks, concrete rubble, soil, clay. If receive 6 cubic meter bin fill to just over half way mark, top fill with light waste.
3. ADDITIONAL COSTS APPLY IF: bin weight exceeds the invoice quoted limit of weight. Ensure waste type matches this quote. *weight over (invoiced) X weight tonne will incur an additional sorting fee of minimum $80 OR extra $118 per tonne.
- 3.1 TYPE OF WASTE if you state that your waste type is for example, Green waste, Brick Tile or Concrete only, then you must ensure that no other waste is placed in the skip bin. If this occurs it becomes a mixed load which changes the disposal costs & can become quite expensive due to the weight. Ask us about separating Bricks, concrete, tiles & soil from other general waste to recycle and save. Unless specifically quoted General Waste does no include heavy aggregate, bricks, concrete. Extra sort charges apply if found in General Waste Skip Bin. Minimum $80 sort fee.
Tyres @ $18.00 EACH* (advise qty when requesting quote and place on top)
Mattresses @ $22.00 EACH* (advise qty when requesting quote and place on top)
Batteries @ $15.00 EACH* (advise qty when requestin g quote and place on top) (*Prices Subject to change as tip charges can vary over time)
4. OVERFILL of bin that causes difficulty or safety during transport, may incur an excess charge of $65. Not to fill past top of bin as may cause difficulty in transport. Overfilling may incur an excess fill charge. Customer are liable if any damage occurs from objects falling from bin in transport.
5. DELIVERY OF EQUIPMENT Delivery of Equipment to the Customer shall take place at the premises requested. The Customer agrees to not move the Equipment.
6. USAGE PERIOD as agreed before delivery or phone in advance where require extended time.
7. PICK UP / COLLECTION OF EQUIPMENT The Customer agrees to provide adequate access to the Equipment. If the Equipment is blocked or positioned to prohibit collection, any further attempts made for collection may be classified “extra service” and so duly charged. Unsuccessful due to ground unstable, boggy or access blocked, extra charge may apply of minimum $110. Bin relocation request similar charge applies.
8. Hirer Liable RISK The Hirer will be liable for any damage to skip bins which occurs whilst in their possession, subject to fair wear and tear. If any damage, loss, theft or destruction of the Equipment occurs, whether Hirer was responsible or not, Hirer must immediately notify GUARDAWAY and provide full details of the damage, loss theft or destruction. The Hirer is strictly liable for the loss of, and all damage to, the skip bin, loads or goods carried by the skip bin, any personal property left in the skip bin, and the property of any person caused by the use of the skip bin.
9. All equipment on-site, material collected remains the property of GuardAway ABN 77 875 259 501 . BIN LOCATION The Hirer shall not remove, deface or cover up identifying marks, nor shall the Hirer cause to remove the bins from their initial location without prior approval from the Supplier.
10. Vehicle/bin upon leaving public highway & enters the job site at the purchaser's risk & responsibility will cease at kerbside of job stated.
Please inform us/driver of any issues you foresee in bin placement, eg telstra pits , overhead wires, steep driveway
11. Liability and Indemnity; To the maximum extend permitted by law, we do not accept any liability for any claim for loss or damage made by you (or someone claiming through you), whether for breach of contract, tort (including negligence), under statute, in equity, at common law or otherwise, including damage to property.
-11.1 Vehicle/bin upon leaving public highway & enters the job site at the purchaser's (Hirer) risk & responsibility of (Supplier - GuardAway) will cease at kerbside of job stated.
-11.2 Hirer agrees to indemnify and keep indemnified GUARDAWAY and GUARDAWAY's employees, agents and contractors from all damages, suits, actions, claims and demands which they may suffer or incur arising either directly or indirectly out of the Use of the Equipment.
-11.3 The Supplier (GuardAway) shall not be responsible or liable for damage, personal injury or loss of any kind whatsoever, to any property or person howsoever caused arising from the delivery, pickup or use of the bins at the Hirer’s site.
-11.4 The Hirer shall indemnify the Supplier from damage caused to truck should the Hirer or their representative instruct the Supplier’s driver to drive over unpaved ground or objects or near objects that may reasonably be considered to have contributed to such damage.
-11.5 The Supplier (GuardAway) shall not be liable for any injuries caused to the Hirer, their agents or any third parties arising out of the use of the skip bin during the hire period.
-11.6 Hirer must not do or allow to be done any act matter or thing which may invalidate or prejudice any:
- 11.6.1 insurance policy effected by GUARDAWAY,
- 11.6.2 GUARDAWAY defence or prosecution of any claim, or
- 11.6.3 right GUARDAWAY may have against any person
12. GuardAway reserves the right to withdraw services to any person, company or organisation without notice.
13. Vehicle/bin upon leaving public highway & enters the job site at the purchaser's risk & responsibility will cease at kerbside of job stated.
14. Customers are to ensure general waste is free of any hazardous materials: includes Large heavy objects, regulated waste, tyres, concrete, liquid waste, asbestos, steel drums, hot or smouldering waste, hazardous waste.
15. Waste in bin must reflect type of waste quoted. For example, General Waste does not include oversized concrete.