GuardAway when reviewing your work site for fencing will consider the following KNOWN HAZARDS.
Is the site near to other residential buildings / pedestrians etc?
Are there excavations or confined spaces on site – eg open trenches, utilities, pier holes or swimming pools?
Are there any impaling materials left on site – eg reo bars, nails in timber or form work materials?
Is there a potential for collapse – eg of concrete formwork or battered areas of soil from site cuts?
Are there deliveries of building materials to site?
Is there a potential for the public to be hit by falling objects related to the construction process on the site?
Is the public exposed to high-risk construction work, or plant and equipment?
Is there a potential for construction building debris (including wind blown debris) to leave the site – ie inadequate waste
Is there a potential for unauthorised access on this site by any individuals?
- Consider access:
- Hazardous materials
- To plant and materials
- Overnight or when the site is unsupervised
- By climbing over the existing fence
- By crawling under the existing fence
- To electricity or servicesTo scaffolding, upper storey floor levels, ladders or penetrations
- To dedicated construction site amenities